Now that I have finally completed my graduate degree (yay!) I can’t wait to get started in the blogging world and share with you my random ramblings and thoughts about design, my process of designing my space, and lifestyle related content.
Before we get into all that in the coming months, and years, I wanted to share with you what has been going on with my life for the past four/five years. Other than moving countries (Canada to U.S.A), I also shifted careers. I went from being a Civil Engineer to now pursuing a my license to become an Architect!
For the past four years I had been working full time while going to school full time as well. I worked as a Field Engineer during the day and by evening I was sitting in three – six back to back lectures/studios. My weekends were spent catching up on coursework, and a lot of nights I barely got any sleep because of deadlines (you know how it is).
My final year of my graduate studies was the best as I finally was given the opportunity to dedicate time on content that I was passionate about. After learning all the theory and applying design concepts to studios, thesis was the chance to learn and explore a topic of your choice while practicing everything you’ve learned. I can make another blog post about my experience through architecture school, especially as a student who came without a ‘design’ background. If this is something you’d be interested in let me know!
This blog post is more to introduce myself and the blog so here I go. Here are nine things about me (because 2019):
- I grew up in a part of Canada that most here in New England have never heard of. It’s always fun hearing what people have to say about Canada but it’s mostly, “Do you say ‘aboot’?” or “Can you say a sentence with ‘eh’?” I honestly don’t think I say ‘aboot’ but apparently I say ‘bag’ weird.
- I always loved photography and wanted to become a journalist while I was in high school.
- I have started up this blog three times already, haha! Hoping this time it sticks.
- Other than photography and working, I’m most excited about spending quality time with family and friends.
- I enjoy a good board game, especially with the right group of people.
- I am obsessed with Pinterest! I’m on it daily, more so than Instagram at this point.
- I have two fluffy cats (Balin and Dwalin) who are named after the dwarf brothers from The Hobbit. You’ll see more of them if you follow me on Instagram (@saleemaem).
- I’m very much a procrastinator but constantly working on not being one. For example, it has taken me three months to read a book but I’m just glad I’m finally getting through it.
- I enjoy baking during my free time. That or repainting a room. If you have any delicious recipes do send them my way.
I look forward to sharing my journey through design and life, and I hope to get to know some of you!